Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Pedro Fages (1734–1794) was a Spanish soldier, explorer, and first Lieutenant Governor of the Californias under Gaspar de Portolá. He was the fifth Spanish Governor of Alta California (1782–91) when he wrote the inspection report contained in this holding. The manuscript details the cavalry at the Santa Barbara Presidio, including evaluation of soldiers, equipment, and supplies.
This collection consists of twenty handwritten documents, twenty-five newspaper clippings, ten photographs, and three miscellaneous publications concerning Santa Barbara Presidio Commandant Gumesindo Flores and his wife Cipriana Llano Flores.
This collection consists of papers gathered by Sue Higman in her roles as board member and officer of several local Santa Barbara organizations, her correspondence on environmental issues, and papers related to the Early Mission Music Program.
The La Campana History Papers are comprised of the local history articles published in La Campana from 1970 to the present. La Campana, the membership publication of the Santa Barbara Trust for Historic Preservation, includes original research in the fields of history, archaeology, and historic preservation.
Research notes, documents, printed matter, and drafts for the book A Yankee Smuggler on the Spanish California Coast: George Washington Eayrs and the ship Mercury.
The Paul Mills papers document civic and preservation activities conducted while Mills was director of the Santa Barbara Museum of Art and served on the board of the Santa Barbara Trust for Historic Preservation. Most notable was his work on the restoration of Casa de la Guerra, the design of the Presidio Chapel burial tiles, the Flags Project and the statue of King Carlos III.
The Santa Barbara Presidio Postcard Collection contains postcards accumulated from multiple sources by the Presidio Research Center. This collection emphasizes the Santa Barbara Presidio, the surrounding Presidio neighborhood, the City of Santa Barbara, and the California Missions.
- Subject: Santa Barbara Presidio (Santa Barbara, Calif.) X
- Santa Barbara Trust for Historic Preservation 4
- Guerra, Pablo de la, 1819-1874 2
- Vallejo, Mariano Guadalupe, 1808-1890 2
- Cachupin, Thomas Velez 1
- Charles, King of Spain, III, 1716-1788 1
- Chase, Pearl, 1888-1979 1
- Community Arts Association of Santa Barbara. Plans and Planting Committee 1
- Crespo, Angel 1
- Downie, Harry (Henry John), 1903-1980 1
- Eayrs, George Washington, 1775-1855 1
- Fages, Pedro 1
- Flores Family 1
- Flores, Cipriana Justina de Llanos, 1818-1921 1
- Flores, Gumesindo 1
- Flores, Jose Ignacio 1
- Hass, Jeremy D., 1936-2014 1
- Hass, John K. 1
- Higman, Sue 1
- Jenkins, Prince 1
- Mercury (Ship) 1
- Miller, Robert Ryal 1
- Mills, Paul Chadbourne, 1924-2004 1
- Platz, Edward H., Dr. 1
- Platz, Helen (Hartnett) 1
- Price, Glenn 1
- Quintero, Regina 1
- Reid, Hugo, 1809-1872 1
- Thompson, Alpheus Basil, 1797-1869 1
- Whittaker, Barbara 1
- Whittaker, Elmer 1 ∧ less